For Immediate Release
Art Rock/Contemporary Jazz Artist Potter’s Daughter to Release New EP “Casually Containing Rage” On September 15, 2020!
The EP will be available digitally, and on CD!
VA – Art Rock/Contemporary Jazz artist Potter’s Daughter to release EP “Casually Containing Rage” on September 15, 2020! The EP will be released by MRR and available both digitally, and as a CD.
Potter’s Daughter released their debut album, “The Blind Side,” in August 2018. In 2019 they released two singles; “Blood and Water,” featuring Annie Haslam (Renaissance) as guest artist, and the holiday single, “This Winter’s Child,” which was composed for the “MRR Holiday” album.
In March 2020 they went on tour with MRR labelmate Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius and Dark Beauty. They were also invited to participate in several online festivals, including The Uncancelled Music Festival (April), The WorldWide Prog and Rock Virtual Festival (May), and most recently, the prestigious ProgStock Festival. (August).
“Casually Containing Rage” features three songs:
1. To My Love – a completely new arrangement of their song from their debut album, The Blind Side
2. Accidentally Like A Martyr- a beautiful rendition of Warren Zevon’s song from his album, Excitable Boy
3. We Could Be – a powerful and moving song dealing with racial injustice, featuring NPR radio broadcasts about George Floyd and Ahmaud Abery.
Filmmaker Serena Künzler has created a striking video for the song “We Could Be,” which was premiered during Potter’s Daughter’s set at ProgStock 8/29/2020.
1. To My Love (DPV, JCV)
Dyanne Potter Voegtlin-vocals
2. Accidentally Like A Martyr (Warren Zevon)
Dyanne Potter Voegtlin-piano, vocal
Jan-Christian Vögtlin-bass, guitar, drum programming
3. We Could Be (DPV, JCV)
Dyanne Potter Voegtlin-keyboards, vocals
Jan-Christian Vögtlin-bass, drum programming, guitar synth
NPR David Greene-radio broadcast
1. Produced by DPV, co-produced by Amitava Chatterjee and Joseph Wiggy Wegleski
2. Produced by JCV
3. Produced by DPV, co-produced by JCV and Joseph Wiggy Wegleski
Mastered by Tom Borthwick
1.3. Recorded at SI Studio, Engineered by Joseph Wiggy Wegleski
2. Recorded, mixed at JCV Sound design
Media & Booking:
Nick Katona, firstname.lastname@example.org
Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 1-828-350-8158 (US), email@example.com